Junior Finance Manager
This international consulting firm is located in the heart of Brussels. With 40 employees they are one of the most famous lobbying firms in Brussels.
The Finance Manager, Brussels is responsible for the financial management of the entity of Brussels and France.
He/she is responsible for maintaining all Corporate Policies and Procedures, ensuring each office is meeting required statutory procedures, is in compliance with US SEC regulations and following US GAAP accounting for internal reporting and local GAAP for statutory reporting, and is adequately protecting the assets of the company.
He/she reports to the Financial Controller, Europe to deliver financial reporting and with a dotted line to the Managing Directors of assigned offices.
He/she manages all audits, both internally from corporate and externally from tax agencies for assigned offices.
He/she ensures that statutory accounts and tax returns are produced in a timely and accurate fashion.
He/she coordinates the preparation of all required tax returns for VAT, payroll and other regional taxes with the local accounting tea.
He/she manages the company cars scheme and fleet and has all local banking relationships.
He/she supervises assigned accounting staff (3 people), coordinating workflow, assists with annual reviews, mentors and assists with career growth opportunities.
- Self-starter, lots of energy, initiative and proactive-ness;
- Used to leading and motivating a team of people with demonstrable experience of leading a finance team;
- Used to hitting tight reporting deadlines with an eye for accuracy and completeness;
- Demonstrable experience in developing processes and controls in a finance function;
- Good working knowledge of Job Costing systems and Work In Progress management;
- Experience and practical understanding of financial requirements in various European countries;
- Effective relationship building and communication skills;
- A working knowledge of Belgian and French GAAP;
- An understanding of US GAAP;
- English and a good knowledge of French;
- Ready for a challenge.
Salary and Benefits
A permanent job in a young, challenging and dynamic environment.