ECTAA is the Group of National Travel Agents’ and Tour Operators’ Associations within the EU. ECTAA is looking to recruit a part-time (70%) European Industry Affairs and Project Manager in Brussels. The person will be working on tourism related EU affairs as well as managing a large EU funded project. The position involves monitoring current EU affairs, preparing briefing documents and analytical material, consulting Members, liaising with the EU and international institutions as well as management of a project dealing with ICT in tourism. The position will require some travel mainly within Europe.
The right candidate would have:
· A university degree and a genuine interest in public affairs and communications
· Minimum 5 years experience, preferably in the field of tourism/transport and project management
· Interest in information and communication technology
· A good understanding of the European policy making process
· Excellent command of English and French; other languages welcome, such as Spanish, German, etc.
· Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
· Very good organizational and analytical skills
· The ability to share the responsibilities and tasks with other people
ECTAA offers a challenging part-time position of 70% for a two year duration starting 3 September 2012. The successful candidate will be working in a small multi-cultural team in one of Europe’s most dynamic industries.